A bespoke country home with a difference. Getting a 4 bedroom 2 bathroom home on this long skinny block was a challenge that was solved through clever design.
The folding front module was delivered separately to the folding back module allowing a slight height difference to allow for northern sunlight at the front of the block to stream into the back section of the home. A glass connection link provides a breeze way for circulation and an extended hallway study for flow into the living space.
- The use of materials was a deliberate choice to bring nature inside the home. The use of spotted gum timbers create extra texture and warmth.
- External features: Weathertex cladding in monument.
- Double glazing on windows treatments protects the cold temperatures experienced in the Southern Highlands.
- Spotted gum decking ties the homes together creating extra entertaining spaces.
- SMEG Integrated kitchen appliances throughout the kitchen along with a wood fire for those chilly months.
- To minimise space a hideaway hallway laundry was fitted with a feature barn door.
- Bedroom module is 80m2.
- Living module is 60m2.
- Link is 10m2.
- Custom joinery including: 2m x 2m spotted gum barn door, 3m long spotted gum dining table, integrated stair, seat and desk for study/link area, powdercoated steel framed carport bi-folding doors with spotted gum screening, feature welded and powder-coated screen, hallway table.
- Easy access from street. The ‘entry bridge’ connects street level to the internal floor level.
This home is available for viewing by appointment only. You can view this display home by making an appointment here.
Photo credit: John Swainston
August 16, 2021